Tuesday 6 January 2015

[DAY +56] This morning I felt very tired.  My muscles were not tired, but I just felt like you do when you don't get enough sleep - even though I did.  Regardless, I did some morning exercises:

(1) Marching - 3 x 10 per leg [2 pound ankle weight on each leg]
(2) Step-back Lunges  - 2 x 20 alternating each leg, had a chair in front of me for stability - this is a good one, lots of different muscles required to do it
(3) Seated on ball, raise straight arms to the side, hold when fully extended- 2 x 10
(4) Seated on ball, upright row exercise with thera-band - 2 x 10
(5) Seated toe raises (shin muscle), pause when toes raised - 3 x 10
(6) Calf raises (on stairs) - 3 x 10 [legs shake during this exercise]

Had a midday nap, then more exercise:

(1) Kneeling in crouched position with ball in front of me, raise up to kneeling position, then roll ball away from body, pause 5 seconds while extended, roll ball back towards body, slowly drop to crouched position, repeat - 3 x10
(2) Used my stationary pedal machine / bike for 10 minutes on the lowest resistance.  My right leg 'trembled' for the whole 10 minutes, my left leg for about 2/3 of the time.  I believe that is a result of damage done by MS - it has happened before when I attempted to ride a stationary bike.  We'll see if that changes in the coming months.

--------------------

An important thing for me to focus on is to keep lifting my feet (especially the right one) when I walk.  Really emphasize it, march like a soldier if I have to.

Old habits are hard to break.



No comments:

Post a Comment