Sunday 11 January 2015

[DAY +61] I had a great time at home with Anne, Elaina, and Aly this weekend.  I still tire easily and my legs need lots of work to even be in the same time zone as 'normal'.  This makes me not very useful around the house, but I have enough energy and ability to play dolls & board games with Elaina and Aly for some of the day, so Anne can zip around to do the many things she has to do.  I did 10 minutes on the elliptical machine while at home, and I felt 'strong' while doing it - stronger than I used to feel while exercising on the ellipse.  That is good.   All the post-HSCT exercising and physio deserves the credit.

Exactly 2 months ago today on November 11, 2014, I had finished my conditioning and chemotherapy, and received my bone marrow / stem cells back.  It was Day 0, and recovery had started.  The treatment part of HSCT was over with.  I feel very lucky and privileged to be able to see HSCT treatment in my rearview mirror.  That could not be possible without the large amount of support I received from my family, friends, and many other folks whom I've met once or twice, and some never at all.  Life of Elaina and Aly appears to not have skipped a beat, and my own life has been pretty easy throughout and after the procedure.  Neither of those would be possible without the hard work of my immediate family.  And the HSCT treatment itself could not have happened without being accepted for treatment by Prof Slavin, and looked after for by the various medical personnel in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

I have no idea what the future holds for me in the health department.  But at least I have been given a chance. Before HSCT, all medical stats indicated that I had no chance, only a poor quality of life awaiting me.  Thank you everybody.  I am very grateful.  And very, very lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear! So nice that MS is in your past now. I am going to use your exercise posts as my blueprint after my own HSCT in Moscow next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck in Moscow, Mindy. I hope everything goes great for you.

      Delete