Saturday 3 January 2015


[DAY +53] I have been at home with my family since December 30th, and loving every minute of it. Both Elaina and Aly have been sick, each more than once, at various times throughout the Christmas Break.  Their sickness prevented me from coming home for a visit on Christmas Eve.  I am very happy that I got to see Anne and the girls.  I didn't do my exercise routine each day, I preferred to spend my time playing dollhouse or Operation, but I did do lunges every day.  And Anne bought me a pedometer for Christmas, so I am counting my steps each day, and there have been lots (thanks Elaina and Aly!).  When I am walking,  Anne quickly points out my poor form due to bad habits I developed over the last few years (e.g. dragging my right foot), so I'm now always thinking about correct walking form instead of only going for quantity/distance walked.  Tomorrow, I am going back to Dad's house.  I am sad to leave home again, but I will take advantage of my zero responsibility lifestyle at Dad's by exercising as much as I can.  There is no reason not to, and it's only going to help.  I have an appointment with my Haematologist January 16; if he tells me that all is good, then I will be moving home permanently that weekend.

----------------

There are a few clinical trials of HSCT for MS going on right now.  This link has details of a study that has data from patients that are three years post-HSCT.  Results are promising.  Hopefully, with more clinical trial data published in the future, HSCT will be a viable treatment option for anybody with MS, or any other auto-immune disease. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/12/141229164854.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily%2Fhealth_medicine%2Fmultiple_sclerosis+%28Multiple+Sclerosis+Research+News+--+ScienceDaily%29


No comments:

Post a Comment