Wednesday 7 January 2015

[DAY +57] I did physio this morning.  It consisted of various core strengthening, balance, and walking exercises.

This afternoon I used my pedal machine for 10 minutes - 5 mins pedalling forward and 5 minutes pedalling backwards.  Then I did lunges (3 x 10 per leg).  There was lots of trembling in my legs during pedalling (think of it like a wet dog trying to shake itself dry), especially the right leg.  When the trembling occurred, I would say to myself, trying to speak to my legs, "Take it easy, everything is alright, no need to tremble.".  This worked decently for my left leg, but my right leg wasn't listening very well.  I eventually got angry at my right leg, so would I stop pedalling, grab my right leg and yell "Easy!" at it.  That worked some of the time, which is better than none of the time.

----------------------

I've read a lot about HSCT in the last year, and what I've learned is this: stopping MS progression is the intent / ideal outcome of the treatment; healing of any damage to your body due to MS is a bonus, and doesn't happen magically overnight.  Patience is hugely important.

Right, I almost forgot.

Well then, I will get as strong as I can and see what happens.  Patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment