Wednesday 28 January 2015

[DAY +78]  Aly has been coughing for a few days, so Anne took her to the Doctor on Monday.  He said Aly had a cold and would get over it in a couple days.  He also said that I should get away from her if possible.  So Dad picked me up Tuesday morning, and I have returned to my kingdom, aka Dad & Diana's home.  Anne's mom also drove to our place yesterday to help out around the house.  Having her there lets Aly stay home as long as she needs to get healthy, and will allow Elaina to do the same if she gets sick too.   And having another useful person around the house just makes things better.

Yesterday (Tuesday) night I had a slight fever and a sore throat.  My fever never reached the magic number of 38.0C, so I did not go to the hospital.  I woke up this morning with a throat that is slightly less sore, and I blew some yellow boogers into a kleenex.  Hopefully that means my immune system is getting stronger and is able to adequately deal with minor viruses.  I have no idea whether or not getting sick at this point in my HSCT recovery will affect my blood work (i.e. reduce some monitored parameters by some amount), but I will find out in a couple weeks when I see my Hematologist again.  There's really nothing I can do about that anyway, so I'm not gonna sweat it.  All I can do is get healthy, continue to get stronger, and improve my walking.

I am feeling lethargic today, so I will eat and rest lots today with the goal of getting healthy so I can get back on the exercise train.

-----------------

Another story about HSCT, this one is from Australia : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozoKBN-6cNQ&feature=youtu.be

I hope HSCT will be a treatment option one day for all types of MS.  Everywhere.

-----------------

Nap time.


No comments:

Post a Comment