Tuesday 2 December 2014

[DAY +21] "I do not have any concerns.  You are free to go.", said Dr Nadir today.  It was nice to hear those words.  When I saw Prof Slavin, I thanked him, then he smiled and replied, "We are just doing our job.".

The next direct flight from Tel Aviv to Toronto is Thursday, December 4th.  Dad has called Air Canada, and has made the necessary changes, and we are now booked on that flight.  Tomorrow, we will go up to the clinic to get a supply of meds, some paperwork, and say thank you & goodbye to whoever is there.

Upon my return to Canada, follow up care by a Doctor who is comfortable and knowledgeable in dealing with bone marrow transplant patients is very important.  My neurologist at the St.Michael's Hospital MS clinic also stressed this point when I saw him this past September.  I will make sure this happens.

-----------------

i have read a lot about HSCT recently.  My understanding is that i will feel good and bad for the next year (it will be a roller coaster).  After one year, my immune system should be at, or very near, full strength.  Also after one year, the good/bad roller coaster will likely switch to only good, and upward I will go.  This upward trend will likely include some symptomatic improvements.  But without regular exercise / physiotherapy, all bets are off.  And, of course, as somebody once said, "In medicine, there are no guarantees, only probabilities.".

------------------

*Update*
Today's exercise:
9 loops walked outside (5 in a.m., 4 in p.m.)
6 x 10 wall squats (3 in a.m., 3 in p.m.)

------------------

It's that time of year:


Aly's comment after taking the picture, "I like Santa.".

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of all you! What a great team! Can you belief your sister is crying about her pain in the butt brother coming home? ;-) xo safe travels and see you when you're up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've accomplished your goals in Tel Aviv! Great work on the exercise. I see your reps have increased.

    ReplyDelete