Wednesday 3 December 2014

[DAY +22]  I cannot say enough good things about the quality of care I received while I was here.  Thank you Nurses Samira, Ashraf, Hussein, Ibrahim, Sami, Mohammed; Dr Nadir, Prof Slavin, and anybody else on the CTCI medical team that I may have forgotten.  And thank you Ruth Grunbaum, CTCI's patient co-ordinator, who answered all the questions I had before coming here, and completed all the necessary paperwork to get me here.  And, of course, thank you to my personal caregivers Dad & Diana - they are the unsung heroes of this trip.  I cannot emphasize enough that when you undergo HSCT treatment here, a personal caregiver is very necessary.

-------------------

I received one last Neupogen shot today to boost my white blood cell count (1) for the flight home and (2) to help protect against any environmental hazards that are prevalent in Toronto, but not in Tel Aviv.  Total Neupogen shots I received is 7.  As recommended by Dr Nadir, I will wear mask on the flight home.

The duration of my stay here is Israel was exactly 5 weeks.

-------------------

Awaiting me at home are the delicious seeds of 12 pomegranates - 3 hours of manual labour.  Thanks Baba!



2 comments:

  1. Baba you are amazing! The hero of Oshawa! Oshawa needs a hero. Haha. Aaron, I will see if I can get you a Mickey Mouse mask :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Aaron! Safe travels to you, your dad and Diana. I'm so happy it was a success! I can't believe it's December 3rd already...time flies!

    ReplyDelete