Saturday 20 December 2014

[DAY +39]  Started the day with some loops walked in the house followed by exercise:

(1) Standing on one foot (while holding onto chair) write numbers with other foot - 2 x 10 per leg
(2) Marching - 2 x 10 per leg
(3) Lying on side bent legged adductor (crab exercise) - 2 x 10 per leg
(4) Lying on side straight legged adductor (leg raise) - 2 x 10 per leg
(5) Lying on stomach hamstring curl - 2 x 10per leg
(6) Seated on ball, lateral raise (no weights) - 2 x 10
(7) Seated on ball, row exercise using therapy bands - 2 x 10

While walking, I noticed that my leg muscles were very tight.  They loosened up a little bit by walking.  More walking and stretching is required.  Walking inside (since it's winter outside - not the best conditions for me and my Bambi-like walking ability) seems to be better for me than walking outside, because I do not use my walking stick inside and I can lean on a wall if I lose my balance.  This allows me to walk more 'freely' and take longer strides without fear of falling onto concrete or into the path of an oncoming car.  This loosens up my muscles some and is closer to the normal walking form.  I guess winter does have one good thing about it.

----------------

Meds prescribed by my Hematologist, to supplement my immune system while it builds back up to full strength:
(1) Acyclovir (antiviral) 800mg - once daily
(2) Sulfatrim DS (antibacterial - combination of 2 antibiotics) 800/160mg - once daily on M/W/F

I can't say for certain, but based on the number of tablets and refills, I expect to be taking these meds for 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment