Friday 5 December 2014

[DAY+24] My first full day home started at my Doctor's office.  He read my CTCI discharge letter and blood test info, I gave him the contact info for the Hematologist referral, and before I left he told me that for any fever 38.0C or above, I must immediately report to an urgent care centre or hospital.  I also asked his thoughts about me living back at home with Anne, Elaina, & Aly by late January / early February.  He said by that time my immune system will be stronger, and cold/flu season will be winding down, and therefore doing so would be fine.  Great stuff.

Next, Dad and I went to my house where Anne and Baba left lots of treasures in the garage (pomegranates, lasagne, groceries, clothes, and plenty more). We could not go inside because Aly is sick with a throat infection, but we got to see them through the upstairs window.  The stunned looked on Aly's face was priceless.  I felt a bit sad not to be able to go inside and see her in person, but just seeing Aly's face and waving hand through the window made me very happy, and easily crushed any feelings of sadness.

Then we came back here to Dad's place and I ate like it was my last meal ever.  And then I slept.  And then I ate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment