Thursday 11 December 2014

[DAY +30] One month ago (Nov 11) was my Day 0.  A big thank you to all those who have helped me get to where am today - there are hundreds.  It is almost unbelievable that HSCT is already 1 month in the past.

Another immediate improvement which I forgot to mention is my strength of voice and speaking ability.   Before HSCT, after a few minutes of talking to somebody, my ability to speak would go downhill fast.  At this point, a lot of effort was required to speak, so in my mind I was cheering for the conversation to end so that I could rest.  My voice would become soft, slow, weak, and sometimes I would start to slur words.  I likened it to speaking like a drunk.  I would attempt to make my sentences as short as possible, because I knew that the more words I spoke, the more difficult it was going to be.  I am happy to say that this is not a problem for me anymore.  My voice just feels stronger, and I definitely have more 'speaking endurance'.  So if we are talking in the future, and I rudely cut the conversation short, you can be confident that it is because I am being an ass, and has nothing to do with my health.

----------------------

Today's exercise:
(1) 6 x 10 lunges (3 in a.m, 3 in p.m.)
(2) 6 x 5 pushups (knees on ground)

It snowed a lot today, so I decided that it would be best if I didn't walk outside.  Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment