Thursday 6 November 2014

[DAY -6, DAY-5] And we're off!  First (yesterday) and second (today) Campath shots are in the books.  I am told that side effects (flu-like symptoms, fever, shivering, bone pain) are most likely to occur in the first day to two.  After that your body becomes used to Campath, so things are better.

Last night I definitely had flu-like stuff (vomit), fever, shivering, and general overall weakness.  Wasn't a fun night, and I didn't expect it (which probably made it worse), but thankfully Diana was here.  If it was just my dad and I, it would have been a comedy of errors, and we probably would have gotten booted from the hotel for making too much noise, and a mess of the room.

I just returned from having my second Campath shot, and I'm told to expect similar experience to yesterday.  We will see.

I also asked what the m^2 is (mg/m^2 is the unit of dosage for Fludarabin).  Ashraf (nurse) says it is the calculated surface area of the body, based on height and weight.  I am tall, so it is large, if I were hefty too, the number would be larger.

It is an absolutely gorgeous, sunny day here (27C).

-------------------

If anyone is looking for an Anna/Elsa Frozen dress, Aly has a suggestion:



Looks like it's fun times at home:


1 comment: