Monday 10 November 2014

[DAY -1]   BMA done, 2 rounds of chemo done, one more dose today, and tomorrow I get my bone marrow / stem cells back.  The best thing about the situation today is that yesterday during BMA, I had a catheter put in.  You are loaded up with fluids throughout these two days (mainly to protect your kidneys from the toxicity of the chemo), and not having to even think about getting to the bathroom before things get messy is great.  You want me to intake more fluids?  No problem.  Dunno how long I get to keep it, but I'm in no hurry to get rid of it.

Managed to take a shower this morning (with the help of dad & Diana).  Very refreshing.  For future HSCT patients here, I believe a good caregiver is an absolute must.  The patient needs help with basic needs (eating, bathing, traversing to and from your room).   The more caregivers, the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment