Tuesday 18 November 2014

[DAY +7]  This morning at the clinic Dr Nadir looked me over.  He was concerned about my waistline rash, so he ordered intravenous steroids followed by fluids for me.  Whatever it takes.

Ashraf says my blood test results indicate that I am near, or at, the bottom, aka 'the nadir' (huge irony, since my treating physician is Dr Nadir).  Ashraf's quote to me, "Your immune system is zero.".  My response, "Thanks for pushing me to the nadir.".  He laughed.  Now, we wait for engraftment.  Timing of engraftment is different for everyone (totally body-specific), so it is even not worth a guess of when it will take place.  We will wait and see what happens.

Was talking to Anne about 'the bottom', and the engraftment / climb up that follows.  She said, "You mean like Drake says?".  Yes, just like Drake says.  This one is courtesy of Anne:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

-----------------------

Last night's sleep was the best since Day 0.  My trips to the bathroom numbered probably 5, (maybe because I got zero IV fluids yesterday?) and the result was longer periods of sound sleep.  Good news.

-----------------------

Exercise today:
4 loops of the hotel floor
3 x 10 wall squats

Notes:
Make sure I lift my feet (right foot especially) when I walk, otherwise it is likely I will fall

----------------------

A nice Christmas photo of Elaina, Aly, and their pal Dahlia.  In case you weren't sure, Aly marches to the beat of her own proverbial drum, and will pose/smile when she feels it's necessary.  Or maybe she just prefers that candy cane over holding up a sign.  Whatever the case, good on her, I say.



2 comments:

  1. I had to look up 'nadir' to interpret your last post. now that you've reached the nadir the only place to go is up. Btw - you did 10 more sets of squats yesterday than I did all year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shan. And that's 10 more sets of squats than Ricky's done the last decade!

    ReplyDelete