Sunday 30 November 2014

[DAY +19] "Difficult, but not impossible.".  That is how somebody who underwent HSCT to treat their MS described the HSCT treatment process.  I think it is a very accurate description.  When I think about the difficulties that MS has already saddled my family and I with, and the uncertainty of what the disease may do next, the decision to undergo this treatment was an easy one.  Made easier by the fact that my family was on board with it, and very supportive.  And now I am very glad that HSCT is in my rearview mirror, and what's left is for me to be disciplined, exercise, and eat.

------------------

Today's blood test results were "good".  Will do another one on Tuesday, with the hope that the results are also good.

-------------------

*Update*
Exercise for today:
(1) 8 loops walked (4 in the a.m., 4 in the p.m.)
(2) 6x10 wall squats (3 in the a.m., 3 in the p.m.)

-------------------

We have moved into a 2 bedroom suite.  Here is the view (the water is just barely visible on the horizon):


9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well. Can't wait till you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updates helps S future HSCT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering is 2 bedroom suite much bigger than 1... I got a bedroom for myself and caregiver (hired Israeli) thought when my daughter comes I'd move ..
    As well what would you say most difficult part of the treatment was?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 bedroom suite should be fine.
      Most difficult part of the treatment for me was during the nights that I felt very weak and nauseous. These nights were made more difficult when I had to get out of bed to visit the washroom. Caregivers are very important helpers on these nights. The worst of these nights for me were:
      (1) my first night on Campath
      (2) night of Day +8/+9 when I got sick and ended up going to the hospital
      Chemo nights are not fun either, but I stayed overnight at the clinic for those, and I had a catheter. That helped.

      Delete
  4. Just remember Mona, you are not here for a party, and nothing good comes easy. And getting rid of MS is good. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I know ! I was just caught by surprise , I went in thinking it would be like the MSC treatment I had with CTCI . Second part of the procedure was in Switzerland. There were a few awful days , but the care was amazing. I had no idea that CTCI was outpatient. When I first spike to Slavin he said I'd be ok on my own as long as I had family on standby. It's only reading the blogs & Ruth at CTCI saying no way can you do thus alone... So I wasn't prepared. But now all my ducts are in order.
    Aaron are you from Ottawa? I'm in Montreal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Oshawa, Mona. About 45 minutes east of Toronto.

      Delete