Wednesday 19 November 2014

[DAY +8]  This morning's urine test revealed a little bit of blood; combine that with my waistline rash growing and the result is Dr Nadir ordered some IV fluids and steroids for me.  Tomorrow at 08:30, I will provide blood for a test to see what my 'levels' are at.  My other rash, neckline and above, is improving.  Ashraf gave me something to 'clean' my growing waistline (and both thighs) rash when I am in the shower.  That rash is growing, but it is not bothersome, so that's good.  And when my new immune system comes to town. the rash is expected to leave town quickly.

-----------------

Exercise today:
2 loops around 4th floor
2 x 10 wall squats

Notes:
1. Very tired yesterday afternoon/night/today.  Think it's a combination of low blood 'levels', being not in good overall physical shape, and pushing myself yesterday.  So, I intentionally did less exercise today.

-----------------

I hear the weather at home is cold and very winter-like.  And our friends in Buffalo got pummelled with over 5 feet of snow.  No thank you. It is 25C/77F here, and not a cloud to be seen.  Typical desert weather this time of year, I'm told.  Here's a photo snapped today from the clinic:



-------------------

We watch a lot of CNN here since its newscast is in English.  It is called 'CNN International', and there is a lot of coverage of Africa.  One thing I have learned is that the President of Nigeria is named Goodluck Jonathan.  I kid you not.  CNN tells me that there are a lot of problems is Nigeria, but I believe that with Goodluck Johnathan in charge, there are brighter days ahead.  Good luck, Goodluck Jonathan.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there...rest today...but tomorrow pick it up...hope the rash decides to check out tomorrow....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was from me...not yourself...lol

    ReplyDelete