Sunday 23 November 2014

[DAY +12] Had a fever yesterday evening (peaked at 38.1C).  Provided blood and urine cultures, was given IV fluids and antibiotics, a few pills, and the fever has subsided this morning.  Don't know why the fever came, but that is not important to me.  My temperature is normal now, and I feel better, so that's good.

Last night, my hair was a nuisance.  It felt like straw was poking my head every time I moved my head on the pillow.  And when I woke this morning, it was everywhere.  That made me want to cut it off as soon as possible.  The day nurse (David - originally from Connecticut) offered to do it, and he did a fine job.  Thank you, David.

-----------------

*Update*
(1) Had my Neupogen shot today.
(2) Walked the hospital halls today (2 loops) before dinner.  Difficult, but necessary.

-----------------

Had a chat with the Doctor on duty at the hospital today.  The results from this morning's blood tests indicate that all my 'counts' are still very low, so engraftment has not started yet.  They will not discharge me from the hospital until my blood 'counts' are at a safe level, which will happen when engraftment does.  Engraftment could happen tomorrow, or it may happen in a week from tomorrow.  We will see.  In the meantime, I wait.  Patiently.

3 comments:

  1. good thing you're a patient person...you're doing great...hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron, we're gonna look like twins at the bar with your new haircut. Missing you buddy!! Keep up the great work! Can't wait till you're home, I desperately need a date.:-) Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron, you're so strong and smart. There's another person I know just like you...Anne, of course, and you two together make the perfect combination. Jay and I are so lucky to know you both....ps. Jay is in Milestone's Withdrawl.

    ReplyDelete