Saturday 29 November 2014

[DAY +18]  All quiet here today.  It is Shabbat here, so there are very few people around.  And there is no need for me to go to the clinic and check in with Dr Nadir, so we decided to go outside and I would walk some.  It was very refreshing to be outside.  i walked 4 loops - 2 with an empty chair, and 2 with somebody in the chair.  The lucky person who got to ride in the chair?  None other than Dr Nadir, who we ran into outside.  Here's proof:



We chatted with Dr Nadir afterwards, and he reiterated the importance of me exercising with the goal of maintaining and even building muscle mass.  The transplant, he says, is guaranteed to make me weaker and reduce my muscle mass.  It is up to me to be disciplined and exercise.  Or I will suffer the consequences.

----------------------

*Update*
This afternoon's exercise:
(1) Walked another 4 loops outside.  This time it was Dad's turn to sit in the chair.  Somebody in the chair for me to push provides stability and requires more involvement from my leg muscles.  Both good things.
(2) 3x10 wall squats

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes. He loves smokes. That's why he was outside when we were. Says North American cigs are weak and worthless. Camel's or bust for him.

      Delete
  2. I try face timing but you don't pick up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the smoke too! You look great, Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Grover! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete