Saturday 22 November 2014

[DAY +11] For the record, Neupogen shots make me tired, weak, and provide me with a headache.   But I am pleased that I feel this way because of shots, and not because of MS or something else.  More IV fluids and antibiotics are on the menu for today, and probably another Neupogen shot.  We'll see how it all plays out.

As I was showering yesterday, I ran my hand through my hair to make sure all my hair got wet.  I looked at my hand after doing that, and my palm was hairy.  I let the water wash away the hair on my palm and did it again.  More hair.  I also donned a white t-shirt for the day yesterday.  Every trip to the bathroom I had to dust off all my facial hair from the shirt.  I think I can safely say that my hair is falling out now, a typical side effect of chemotherapy.  I will probably wait until I get back to Tel Aviv for a proper buzz cut using my hair clippers because: (1) in case I cut myself in the process I won't bleed to death due to low platelets (should be recovered by then),and (2) not sure if my hair clipper has enough battery life remaining to do the job.  Since today is Shabbat, all the stores are closed in the mall at the hospital complex, so the option of purchasing a voltage converter does not exist (we brought a few, but they are all in Tel Aviv).  In the meantime, I will just have to live with shedding hair everywhere (bed, shower, clothes, etc.).

-------------------

*Update*
Exercise:
Walked the halls at the hospital twice yesterday - before lunch and before dinner.

-------------------

I was chatting with Anne yesterday, boasting about how pleased I am to be eating things I thought were off limits.  The nurses here say "if the food comes from the hospital, eat whatever shows up.  We know there are patients here who are at risk due to food bacteria, and we take responsibility for feeding them.  Just don't eat anything from the mall or vendors.".  No problem.  Anyway, Anne asked a question about food and I gave a very abrupt response.  She laughed and replied, "Well you must be feeling better because you're still able to be an asshole.".  Yes, I am still able to be an asshole, thank goodness, but I am now an asshole in charge of my own destiny, not at the mercy of some disease.

2 comments:

  1. Eat up...how about about a pic with bald spots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s I fixed the date issue for you...

    ReplyDelete